What is the Kentico MVP Award?
The Kentico MVP Award is a one year industry recognition given to individuals based on their community participation and evangelistic activities in the CMS and .NET communities for the past 12 months.
What is a Kentico MVP?
What are the benefits of receiving a Kentico MVP award?
Anyone receiving the Kentico MVP award is entitled to the following benefits:
- Recognition of being a Kentico MVP
- Exclusive access to Kentico teams
- Access to the closed group of Kentico professionals on the MVP team
- Early insight into Kentico strategy and roadmap
- Access to early-versions and betas
- Open channel with Product Owners to provide feedback and influence the development of both products
- Possibility to sharpen presentation skills
- Immediate feedback from other MVPs on proposed problem solutions
- Possibility to learn from MVPs and apply their findings in your projects
- Budget to attend conferences to talk about Kentico
- Invitation to annual Kentico Connection conference
- Teambuilding with other members of MVP team once a year in the Czech Republic
- Kentico CMS Ultimate License (value $7,499) for personal use (including agency website)
- Kentico Kontent partner subscription for personal use (including agency website)
What are the benefits of having a Kentico MVP in your team?
Having a Kentico MVP in your team brings many benefits including:
- Recognition of your company as Kentico experts for having an MVP onboard
- Early insights into Kentico strategy and roadmap allowing you to be ahead of your competitors
- Direct access to Kentico teams and possibility to influence the products development
- Faster solutions to problems thanks to the connection to other MVPs
- Recognition of your company at Kentico organized events and conferences
What does it take to become a Kentico MVP?
The Kentico MVP designation is earned through contributing to the developer community and promoting Kentico. Are you a good fit for an MVP? MVPs are:
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent
- Actively promoting Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent on various channels (Medium, Dev.to, Kentico blogs, etc.)
- Open to sharing knowledge about their projects and provide feedback of their experience
- Certified developers for the current version of Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent
- Very knowledgable of the Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent platforms
- Highly skilled problem solvers
- Regularly helping the community and educating others (Slack, Stackoverflow, QA forums, GitHub, etc.)
- Active on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Contributing to (not only Kentico) open-source repositories
- Attending industry events such as local meetups, user groups, global conferences and present Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent in their talks
- Joining (not only Kentico) podcasts or videos about relevant topics such as Kentico Rocks podcast or The Boring Kentico Show on Twitch
- Team players
When we do the evaluation, we love to see MVPs:
- Publish articles about topics relevant to Kentico
- Be active on DevNet
- Speak on a conference
- Join podcast or video
- Contribute to Kentico open-source repositories
- Provide feedback and help to Kentico teams
- Be active throughout the whole year
- Be a Kentico Certified developer on the current version
Do I get paid?
The Kentico MVP award does not include any direct financial compensation. Any pre-approved expenses incurred on behalf of Kentico will be reimbursed.
What is my time commitment?
We understand that all Kentico MVP’s have a day job and it’s not always possible to be involved in the community 100% of the time. However, as a Kentico MVP, you are recognized because of your participation in the community and we therefore expect that you participate and contribute to the community as a part of your normal activities.
How long is the Kentico MVP Award valid?
A Kentico MVP is awarded for one year. At the end of every year the MVP award commitee evaluates activities of both nominated and current MVPs.
What is the Kentico MVP Selection Process?
The selections of Kentico MVPs are based solely on completed nomination forms. All nominations are weighted on a number of factors that include:
- Engaging in the above listed activities
- Passion, drive and knowledge of Kentico CMS and/or Kentico Kontent
- Willingness to contribute to Kentico open source projects
- Willingness to contribute community code and samples to sources like the Kentico Marketplace
- Candidate's geographical location. We prefer to have our MVPs located around the globe to help support the community in all regions.
When are MVPs selected?
At the end of each calendar year a panel evaluates each candidate's contributions to identify the most active and engaged indivudals. MVPs are announced each January, recognizing those individuals that have made contributions to the Kentico community and assisted their fellow developers.
I want to be a Kentico MVP. What do I need to do?
That's great. We will be happy to welcome you on the team! Start with the above listed activities and submit a nomination application that is displayed below. Note that we ask to see at least 6 months of activity history to award you with MVP status. You can also reach out to us, we are happy to help you find your passion and direct you to the activities that would fit your personality.